These easy chicken pesto and sun dried tomato croissants are made with rotisserie chicken and store bought croissants for a flavorful savory appetizer.
I’ve been on my croissant kick with the spinach and feta breakfast croissants and peanut butter chocolate croissants so why not share an easy chicken croissant recipe that uses rotisserie chicken! I really want everyone to see that it doesn’t take a lot of special skills or tools to make something delicious like these chicken croissants.
How to make pesto chicken croissants
- Unroll and separate refrigerated crescent rolls into individual triangles
- Spread pesto and top with shredded parmesan cheese, rotisserie chicken, and jarred sun dried tomatoes
- Carefully roll the triangles up
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
Please note when making
- The oil in the pesto does get all over the baking sheet while baking. I just placed all of the cooked chicken croissants on a paper towel to dry. The oil actually gave them a nice bit of crispiness on the bottom which was a nice surprise the first time I made them.
- When rolling some of the ingredients may fall out. That’s okay just tuck them back in.
- Make this a vegetarian recipe by eliminating the chicken and substitute with sauteed mushrooms and onions or red peppers
- Sub the Parmesan cheese for Gruyere cheese
- Swap chicken for ground sausage, shredded turkey, bacon, or prosciutto
This is a kid chef friendly recipe
Get your kids involved in the kitchen! These chicken pesto croissants are a super easy recipe to make with them and expose them to some new ingredients they might not be familiar with like pesto or sun dried tomatoes.
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Other recipes to try cooking with kids:
- Goldfish Cracker Crusted Baked Chicken
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- Mini Spinach Calzones
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Cheddar and Fresh Tomato Pizza
Chicken Pesto and Sun Dried Tomato Croissants
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll and separate each croissant triangle.
- On each triangle, spread 2 tsp pesto and top with 1 Tbsp sun dried tomatoes, 2 Tbsp shredded chicken, and about 1 tsp Parmesan cheese.
- Carefully roll up each triangle and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Sunday Supper Small Bites Recipes for Entertaining
- Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Pear & Mascarpone by The Crumby Cupcake
- Cucumber Finger Sandwiches by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Fiesta Pinwheels by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Polenta Bruschetta by Simple and Savory
- Spinach Feta Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet Sriracha Almonds by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventues
- Wild Mushroom and Grape Crostini by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Bacon-wrapped Chorizo and Date Skewers – Brochetas de Chorizo y Datiles by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Caprese Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Sausage & Fig Naan Bites by Soulfully Made
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by My Savory Spoon
- Easy Chicken Pesto and Sun Dried Tomato Croissants by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Grass Fed Beef Meatballs and Cauliflower Cilantro Smear by Our Good Life
- Greek Chicken Gyro Mini Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Salmon Cakes with Anise Aioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salmon Poke on Wonton Crisps by Authentically Candace
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos by Gourmet Everyday
- Tuscan Chicken Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Meringue Bites with Raspberry Yogurt by Cricket’s Confections
- Lemon Bars with Poppy Seed Shortbread by Pies and Plots
- Lime Mascarpone Cheesecake Shooters by Caroline’s Cooking
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.